One of the nation's premier hunting leases for ducks and deer.
· Doug Pike,
- An exclusive, members-only hunting club.
- 16,000 acres, one of the largest hunting clubs in the South.
- Fishing, deer hunting, duck hunting, dove hunting.
- Deer management program overseen by Dr. Harry Jacobson.
- Family owned and managed since 1910.
- Family oriented—spouses and children are welcome.
- Located 15 minutes south of Natchez, Mississippi.
The Glasscock Island Hunting Club spans nearly 16,000 acres of densely forested river-bottom land, heavily populated with an abundance of wild game and a wide variety of species of fish. The club covers approximately 10,500 acres in Mississippi and 5,500 acres in Louisiana, encompassing the hunting seasons of two states.
The club offers a large area exclusively for bow hunting throughout the hunting season each year.
Several lakes and many sloughs offer fishing for large mouth bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish. These lakes are restocked annually by the Mississippi River.
The lakes and many of the sloughs also offer wood duck hunting throughout the season.
A Visit to Glasscock Island
That morning ranks among the finest duck hunts I have experienced.
· Doug Pike,
In December 2003, Doug Pike of the Houston Chronicle visited Glasscock Island. He found that although duck hunting is getting tougher in general, Glasscock Island can offer exceptional results. Read the full article about his trip.